Links & Resources
New Lead Paint Regulations
DeConstruction Services, LLC is a 7-year
old environmental company based in Fairfax, VA that disassembles
residential and small commercial buildings throughout the DC
metropolitan area. We assist building owners in donating
reusable material from these jobs to a partnering IRS tax exempt
The ReBuild Warehouse, that
sells it for substantially reduced prices to the general public,
remodeling companies, property managers, landlords, and
homeowners for their building and renovation needs. In the
process, DeConstruction Services, LLC seeks to:
· recycle or reclaim for reuse
approximately 80% of the structure
· enable the donors to earn a
significant tax deduction for their donations
· save the property owner
expensive debris hauling and disposal costs
· provide trade skills and
permanent employment for hard-to-place workers.
Our company’s mission is to
• the amount of used building materials kept out of the landfill
• The amount of deductions an owner can claim by donating
reclaimed building material for charitable purposes.
The careful dismantling of a
structure’s reusable finished and recyclable building materials
in order to maximize its recycling and reuse (read
detailed description of our process).
Who might be interested in deconstruction?
Who might be
interested in deconstruction?
- Those interested in such environmental issues as reducing their carbon footprint, saving dwindling landfill space, saving embodied energy, reducing CO2 emissions, and preventing toxic chemicals from leaching into the groundwater
Homeowners seeking to renovate expand their current residence
Homeowners who want to demolish their older home so they can build a new house on the site
A builder under contract with a homeowner to remodel or build a new home (or bidding on bidding such a job) and seeking to be more competitive by reducing hauling and disposal costs and providing the a owner a tax benefit
Commercial building owners or property managers changing over tenants and needing to prepare the vacated space for lease to new tenants.
What are the benefits
- Generates substantial tax deductions for the property owner
- Makes available used building materials at greatly reduced prices to homeowners, remodelers, landlords, and property management companies
- Recycles unusable building materials into mulch, aggregate fill, and reusable metal
- Reduces need for construction & demolition (C&D) landfill space
- Saves natural resources and embodied energy contained inherent in the reclaimed materials
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions
- Creates new, stable jobs in an growing “green collar” industry
- Provides nonprofit organizations, such as The ReBuild Warehouse, with an ongoing stream of reclaimed build materials to sell that generates revenue for their mission
- Is both environmentally friendly and cost-competitive with traditional demolition.
What are the
categories of deconstruction services?
Whole house disassembly and take-down
Major renovation (expansion upward or outward)
Skim (removal of most valuable
materials prior to the structure being demolished)
deconstruction services in the DC Metro area?
DeConstruction Services, LLC is the only company in the DC metro area providing full house and partial deconstruction of residential and commercial buildings on a full-time basis. We have successfully completed over 200 projects and are licensed as a Class B contractor in Virginia and certified and insured to work in DC and Maryland.
Visit our newest Northern Virginia
Partner ... ReBuild
Rebuild is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization formed in May 2008
to acquire a warehouse that can accept used building material
donations, sell the products as deeply discounted prices to the
public, and use the proceeds to train unemployed and
underemployed unskilled workers for “green collar” jobs.
Point your browser to
http://www.rebuildwarehouse.org for more information.